Eco CaféKell’s Kitchen and Brew Bar is proud to be leading the way in Townsville as an eco-friendly café.
We were excited to meet with Toby from The Boomerang Alliance and are inspired by the work he is doing to create a movement towards plastic free cafés and restaurants.
We have been committed to ecofriendly principle since the day we opened, using biodegradable and compostable products wherever possible and dramatically minimising single-use plastics in our café. We are excited to be featured on The Project in September 2019 as a Townsville community café embracing the eco café principles.
Some of the many eco initiatives we use are:
- Compostable, wooden cutlery (not single use plastic);
- Biodegradable paper or stainless steel straws (not single use plastic);
- Biodegradable, plant based take away cups (not single use plastic);
- We stamp our paper cups with our brand instead of using stickers which contain plastic products;
- Use of Huskee reusable cups;
- Use of paper wraps for sandwiches (not single use cling wrap);
- Low mileage milk – sourced locally;
- Low mileage coffee – local roaster;
- Coffee grounds are composted as well as reused as body scrub;
- Compost food waste at the local school’s worm farm;
- We participate in “Lids for Kids” to recycle plastic lids that can’t be part of general recycling;
- We participate in “Cash for Cans” recycling;
- We are vigilant in separating our waste and recycling or composting to reduce our footprint;
- We make our own Kombucha, Lavender Lemonade and other products. We decant this into reusable cups to minimise packaging.
- We provide chilled water for customers to decant into reusable cups to minimise purchasing plastic bottles.
Come on In!
7:30AM - 2:00PM
7:00AM - 11:00AM
Kells Kitchen and Brew Bar
157a Charters Towers Road
Hermit Park Q. 4812